Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Geocaching-Not so much fun if you lack a sense of direction


Okay...so it wasn't THAT bad. It did get me out of the classroom! A few days ago we went geocaching. My cohort Mande and I, being English minded, struggle with numbers. So, we were less than successful in finding our caches....which our pictures make blatantly obvious. For those of you who don't know what geocaching is, let me catch you up. Check out this video, made for us by our fellow classmates, its a riot. As stated previously, Mande and I had quite a few issues with our geocaching adventure. For starters, we didn't find anything....which is the whole point.

I think there could be some really fun ways to use this in an English classroom. One obvious way is to use it with the book Treasure Island, or any other treasure seeking book!

No comments: